We’re holding a Madden 16 tournament on February 7th because we think there is a big football event that day. Come compete, and if you want, you can stick around and party for the rest of the day. There will be some chips with dips and a couple people are bringing in some homebrewed beer for anybody to share if they’re over 21 years old. Our normal rates will apply after the tournament, which are $4/hr or $2/hr if you are just hanging out and not using any technology (like if you were eating some chips and watching some sort of game on a huge TV).
The tournament will start at 1 pm, and should end at 5 pm, but could run longer if we have a lot of interest. It will be single elimination. $10 preregistration fee for the tournament, and $12 on the day of the tournament. $5 per entrant will go to the prize pool. Winning will be split 60/30/10 between 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place, respectively, if there are 20 or more entrants. If there are fewer than 20 entrants, first place will take the entire prize pool, and 2nd and third place will receive free gaming time from LFG.
- You may use any of the 32 NFL teams from the Madden 2016 roster. No other teams are allowed (Created teams, all madden, canton greats, etc.)
- You may change teams between rounds.
- You may change your playbook between rounds.
- Seeding and matchups for the tournament will be done by random draw.
- Home and away will be decided with a coin flip
- In the event a game ends with the score tied, the game will be restarted with the same game situation (including field position and possession if possible), and the first team to score will win.
- In the event of a power loss or system freeze, the game will be restarted with “situational setup” to exactly match the score, settings, quarter, time, and possession and play will resume.
- The LFG Manager/Supervisor reserves the right to make changes to the tournament format at any time.
- Difficulty: All-Pro
- AI Settings: Default
- Game Clock: 4 min quarters
- May be decreased depending on time.
- Weather: Random
- Championship will be held in “Super Bowl” Mode
- Challenges: ON
- Substitutions can ONLY be made:
- Before the kickoff
- At halftime
- If a timeout is called
Cheating, Glitches, Reporting a Violation:
- If you believe your opponent is cheating by abusing game programming glitches to gain advantage, or is violating the parameters set by the LFG Staff, report it immediately. The decision made by the supervisor on disqualification or point penalty is final.
- Possible Glitches and Cheating Methods
- D-Lineman must be kept on the screen
- Onside Kicks are permitted ONLY:
- When the kickoff team is down by 21+
- When the kicking team is losing in the 4th Quarter
- No one may assist another player with decisions during the game.
- In a situation where a FG is going to be attempted and the clock is running down, the defense CANNOT jump offside in effort to make the clock run out
- Excessive intentional penalties will result in disqualification
- Excessively toggling the screen to gain advantage is not allowed